Living in Olds, Alberta
Custom Homes in Olds, Alberta
About halfway between Red Deer and Calgary, just west of the Queen Elizabeth II Highway (Highway 2), lies the beautiful small town of Olds, Alberta. It’s home to nearly 10,000 people – big enough to have major retailers for all your shopping needs, but small enough to keep the neighbourly charm you’ve been looking for. In fact, the qualities on display in this little slice of paradise are exactly why we love creating custom Thomas-built homes here!
- We believe in building a home that fits your life.
- We are a member of the National Home Warranty program.
- A portion of every home sale goes to support local charities.
- We truly believe in small-town family values.
The Community of Carstairs, Alberta
GET A QUOTE
Why Thomas Built Homes Loves Olds
With a downtown Main Street full of decades-old nostalgia, surrounded by the wide-open blue skies and central Alberta prairies, Olds is a place to breathe deeply and settle in to a peaceful and satisfying life. Located right at the junction of highways 2A and 27, there is also easy access to nearby communities in all directions – and all the adventures that await in the area.
Whether you live on a lot in the town itself or on one of the many nearby acreages, you’ll find plenty of community facilities, services, amenities, and activities to enjoy. These include numerous schools, a municipal public library, community social programs (including one dedicated to being a great neighbour), and a whole lot more!
Here are just a few of the things you can enjoy with your life in Olds:
- Take swimming lessons or visit the waterslides at the Olds Aquatic Centre, or go cool off at the outdoor Splash Park
- Play hockey, shinny, or curling at the SportsPlex…
- …or take advantage of the cold and go skating at one of six outdoor community rinks
- Watch the local teams, the Olds Grizzlys or the Olds College Broncos, play some championship games
- Catch up on summer sports at the Rotary Athletic Park
- Take part in one of the community’s recreation programs, ranging from online escape rooms to public art word puzzles
- Discover dozens of parks, ball diamonds, playgrounds, and greenspaces connected by more than 20 km of public trails
- Send the kids to the local skatepark to get some fresh air
- Take in some history and culture at the Mountain View Museum and the Cornerstone Art Commons
- Let man’s best friend run free in the 16-acre, off-leash dog park
- Play a few games of disc golf at Hartman Green
- Hit the links of the nearby Olds Golf Club
Participate in the many town events through the year, including the Santa Claus Parade of Lights, the CPR Holiday Train, Oldstoberfest, Canada Day festivities, and much more.
What to Know About Living in Olds
Call us biased, but we’re big fans of this part of Alberta and any family would have years of adventures here. In the off chance you can’t find something at the Canadian Tire or Walmart that sit just outside the town’s northwest corner, you can be at Cross Iron Mills in less than an hour – or Calgary itself in just a few minutes more than that.
Interested in building a custom home of your own? Here at Thomas Built Homes, we’ve got years of experience and perspective in bringing dream homes off the page and turning them into the perfect place for you and your family. If you’re ready to move now, that’s great too, because we may have a “Move-In Ready” house waiting for you to call it home.
Whatever you need for the next phase of your homeownership journey, call Thomas Built Homes to make it an amazing and rewarding experience!